Sunday, March 3, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to Modern Jane Cooks!  After encouragement from friends, family and coworkers, I've decided to start a blog about my food and recipe ideas.  I feel that the culinary world has become polarized, with too many processed convenience foods and takeout at one end and overly complicated recipes with hard-to-find ingredients at the other.  Modern Jane seeks to find a happy medium between these two extremes.  I'm here to show you, the modern 'average jane',  that you can cook from-scratch, tasty natural foods that are not too time-consuming or complicated.  I plan to share my recipes for every day, as well as for special occasions when it's worth going 'all-out'. 

About me:  I have always enjoyed cooking and baking, and have developed this interest quite a bit in the last 5 years.  All my cooking knowledge has been self-taught or learned from family.  I live in Kentucky, but my cooking has been influenced by family members and time spent in Washington, Texas and Connecticut as well.  I have a math degree, and work a corporate job while not in the kitchen. 

Recipes to follow.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment